Jack Doran Motors is committed to protecting your privacy and personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 legislation at all times.
This privacy statement describes what personal data we will collect and how we will use the data that we collect from you when you engage with any of our dealerships, websites either online or offline communication.
We will always offer you a clear and easy way to remove yourself from our database should you decide that you no longer wish to receive our marketing offers.
We may make changes to our Privacy Statement; these changes will be made to our Privacy statement and uploaded onto our website.
Collecting personal data
We may collect and store personal data that we have collected from you either on paper, electronically or both.
We collect personal data from:
- The information that you provide to us when using our website (including your title, name, telephone numbers, address, email address, date of birth and any educational details and employment details, date and time that you used our website, IP Address, GPS location when shared, website used to enquire and click path, etc.)
- The information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made either in our Dealership premises, over the telephone or via any of our electronic means (including your title, name, telephone numbers, postal address, email address, date of birth, marital status, number of dependants, nationality, maiden name, place of birth, residential status, time at address, gender, employment details including occupation, job title, salary details, industry types, start/end dates, payment details etc., including bank numbers and sort codes, these payment details will only be kept for the transaction consented to and then would be erased/destroyed)
- Vehicle information you provide to us including registration, mileage, service dates, existing finance.
- All our premises are monitored by CCTV recordings.
Processing personal data
Jack Doran Motors will process your data based on the lawful grounds listed below:
- You have given us your clear consent to process your personal data for a specific purpose or
- It is a legal obligation to process your data for you to comply with the law e.g. to let you know when your NCT is due; or
- It is a vital interest where processing is necessary to perform a task to protects someone’s life, e.g. contacting you about additional work found on an electronic vehicle health check; or
- It is a legitimate interest where the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party e.g. contacting you about a final PCP Payment reminder.
- It is part of contractual processing e.g. sharing data with a delivery company to ensure delivery of a vehicle.
The personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, which may include:
- To meet the terms of your vehicle order and provision of after sales services;
- To fulfil our contractual responsibilities to you to complete the transaction that you have entered into;
- Enabling your use of the services available on our website e.g. online service bookings;
- To remind you of relevant vehicle information e.g. service/NCT reminders;
- To inform you of any product recalls that are relevant to you;
- To send you any updates about Jack Doran Motors via post and email. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require communication.
- To send you relevant and targeted marketing to share with you and new and exclusive offers.
- To obtain customer service feedback about the services that we have provided to you.
Disclosing personal data.
We do work closely with our manufacturer partners and third-party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us. We may disclose your personal data to third party suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing, we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing).
We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information, to the extent that we are required to do so by law, in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings, In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
See detailed list below:
- This involves the sharing of data to vehicle manufacturers, Kia & Citroen.
- We will share data to other Government bodies or agencies where we are required to do so by law including the Revenue Commissioners, CVRT and NCT offices.
- We may share data with providers of automotive and CRM solutions e.g., Avonbrook, Autoview and service plan providers e.g. Kia Connection.
- We may share data with Breakdown and recovery companies e.g. Kenneth O’Byrne Recovery, J&S Auto Recovery, Insurance Companies and Motor Assessors and authorised Bodyshop’s e.g. Smiths Of Drogheda Crash Repairs, Tony O’Brien Crash Repairs, Derek Flood Car Repairs, Joe Furness Crash Repairs, and car rental companies e.g. Hertz, Avis, Europcar, Budget and Enterprise, Taxi companies.
- If you purchase your car through finance, we will share your data with finance and leasing companies, Bank of Ireland, Lombard, First Citizen, First Auto, Bluestone, Close Brothers Motor Finance, etc.
- We may share data with marketing third parties e.g. Mail Chimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Dealer Marketing, Phoenix.
We may share your data with companies above however please note:
- We do not sell any personal data to any third parties.
- All our premises are monitored by CCTV cameras for security purposes in our legitimate interest, our security systems are maintained by Prout Security Services.
Security of personal data and retention
- We will take all reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers and on our dealer management systems managed by Avonbrook.
- We regularly review our personal data retention policy and will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request, upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming your identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible, within 30 days. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law;
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data, we will do so within 30 days.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold, we will do so within 30 days.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes, we will do so within 30 days.
Your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
Help us to know how you use our sites, and make the content shown more relevant to your interests and needs. None of the cookies used on our websites collect information that personally identifies you.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
HOW TO CONTACT US
It is important to us that personal data we hold about you is accurate.
Please keep us informed of any changes to your personal data.
To exercise your rights (As detailed above) or if you have any specific data questions please contact our Data Protection Officer on the details below:
By email – email@example.com
By Post: Jack Doran Motors, Unit 4-5 Donore Industrial Estate, Drogheda A92 AH05
By telephone: 041 9845677